Servicing Clarksburg, Lake Santee, St. Maurice, Buena Vista, Williamstown, and Sandusky, IN
Each year many homes burn because of improperly disposed of ashes, will your home be next? If you follow some simple steps you can help keep you and your family safe.
1. Clean the ashes from your stove or fireplace on a regular basis and place them in a metal container with a metal lid. Ashes can stay hot for days even if they feel cool to touch on the outside.
2. Never place ashes in bags or any other combustible container.
3. Never place ashes near your home, deck or combustible vegetation.
4. If you dispose of ashes in your yard always saturate them with water to make sure they are thoroughly cooled and keep them away from combustibles.
5. Never place ashes in your trash.